2012년 1월 26일 목요일

News article about the medicine

Our family read news article from Joongangilbo. Today I was reading one column which was very interesting. It was a Korean article. 


The title was "Greedy personality of pharmacist draws back selling medicine in the supermarket (consisting convenience store)." It grabbed my interest because my grandmother is pharmacist and she talked a lot about that issue when our family visited her house for the new year’s holiday. Also, I didn't felt good because saying greedy is from one person's or some specific group's point of view and it is not appropriate for the title of news article. After finish reading this article, I thought of good and bad aspect of selling medicine in the supermarket. Since I found 1 good aspect and 2 bad aspect of this, I wanted to express my thought.  

First the good aspect is that even though when pharmacy is closed, people, the citizens can afford medicine when needed. According to joonangilbo, Mr. Park (Park Ki Yong), a business man had a cold but he had lots of work to do. So when he visited pharmacies, it was all closed. Only places that were opened was some stores and convenient store. Actually, many of you might've experienced this before. If you feel sick at night, you cannot do anything because pharmacies are closed. 

However, the bad aspect is that children can encounter medicine easily. Many children go to convenience store and if the medicines are in the convenience store, what will happen? They can buy it easily. Since children don’t have any professional knowledge about the medicine, nor does the person working on part-time job, in serious cases, it can lead to drug intoxication. In reality, United States allows the medicine to be sold in super market. As a result, my father says that he saw many news article before about children being involved in drugs and getting serious diseases because they took so many pills that is not needed in the body. For the children’s future, I think this should not happen.

Lastly, how can the pharmacist live? If all the people goes to super market or convenient store, only fly will be welcomed in the pharmacy. Then this can lead to other problems like deleting the subject of medicine in the college. If pharmacist cannot earn lots of money, who would want to study that subject? Also as personal example, my grandmother is, as I said pharmacist. I don’t want her and other people working as a pharmacist losing job.

This is big issue nowadays. I think there are more bad effects in the society than good. Many people says that they cannot afford medicine but I think if they go out during lunch time, or have some medicine like Tylenol before being sick, can prevent this. The government is dealing with problem of ‘job losses’ but if this law passes it might give more problems.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기