2012년 1월 17일 화요일

Reflective essay





This movie "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring" we watched only the Spring part shown above. In a small island that has only one building and a ship, an apprentice and an old monk lived. They always sailed to land and gathered some herbs. One day, young apprentice went by himself and played some tricks with animals by tying rock on the animal's body. As the punishment, the young apprentice was to tie the rock onto himself, sail to the land and untie the rocks from the animals.

Through this, I felt very uncomfortable and guilty because when I was in 2nd grade, I stepped on many ants which I thought it was fun at that time. While watching it, I felt that even if it might seem fun to me, it was a serious thing for the ants and nature. They are losing life! If I imagine giant stepping me, my family and my friends, its just terrifying. I think the punishment that the old monk gave was very effective. Since, the young apprentice could see how the victim feel, he wouldn't do that again. Would somebody hit somebody after experiencing who annoying and hurting it is? well, NO! This method is called "An eye for an eye" a method that is basic of Hammurabi laws. Actually in my personal experience, I have stole my friend's candy and threw it in front of her for no reason because I thought he had better taste. As a punishment, my teacher took away my candy and threw it away. After this, I never stole my friend's stuff nor did I threw it. Also, since I could feel what the victim will feel, I tried to think before I speak. But punishment for EOP, I think giving out EOP paper is the best way. EOP paper can help us realize that we have done something wrong and since it is so hard to memorize the student might try not to get another EOP paper.

I really liked this video even though it was not really a comic. I usually hate slow movies or things that only have pictures in it but it gave me some advice and we could examine stuff. Watching this video, I could think about some punishment, along with what I have done in the past so I really liked this and if I get a chance, I would like to watch the whole movie, not only spring part.

댓글 1개:

  1. Actually the rest of the movie is not like the first part, and I don't think kids should watch it. But I like the structure of the first part and how it shows us something clearly.

    Very good response in this reflective essay! I am surprised you don't mind EOP punishment. Maybe you didn't get one?

    답글삭제